Some locations offer walk-in Covid-19 testing. It will be listed on the locations individual page if they do so.
Types of COVID-19 Tests:
There are two different types of tests for COVID-19: viral tests and antibody tests. The results for each test can mean different things about your COVID-19 status.
Viral Tests for COVID-19 (Tests for current infection):
Viral tests identify the virus in samples from your respiratory system, such as swabs from the inside of your nose.
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR):
- This test detects genetic material (RNA) that is a part of the virus.
- This is the best test to determine if you currently have COVID-19. If you test positive, this means you have a current COVID-19 infection.
- Antigen Test:
- This test detects viral protein that is part of the virus.
- This test also detects current infections of COVID-19, but are slightly less reliable than the PCR tests.